For our software to work with Sims, we require a Sims account. We recommend creating a dedicated account where possible. The benefit of this is that you will have a dedicated login, created with just the required access rights we need, rather than assigning extra permissions to users who do not need them.
- Log into SIMS.net with appropriate permissions to add new users in System Manager:
- Select Focus > System Manager > Manage Users
- Select ‘New’
- Create a new user to be used within the software tool e.g. ‘ContactGroup’
- Give the new user ‘group access rights to ‘Administration Assistant’, ‘TP SuperUser’, ‘Attendance Operator’ and ‘Admissions Officer’.
- Select ‘Login Details’ and copy the password to your clipboard.
- Save changes to user details and Log out of SIMS.net
- Log back in as the new user with the password that was copied to the clipboard.
- Enter a new password, when prompted.
You will now be able to use these credentials within your Contact Group applications.